How many engineers does it take to turn on a light bulb? 3 Jul 2007
John Maeda spotted this light switch when giving a talk at Sun labs. The instructions on the switch reads:
- Tap once for preset.
- Tap twice for full-on.
- Touch & hold to raise lights.
- Push [small square button to the right] to make current level the new preset.
- Tap once for slow fade off.
- Tap twice for fast fade off.
- Touch & hold to dim lights.
As Maeda says: "At first I thought it was some kind of silly 'engineer' joke. But the light switch functions as stated for real. Does it win the award for the most confusing light switch? I bet there are other ones out there that are equally complex to use."
Bookmark this page
To create a TrackBack to this entry simply append
ping/ to the permalink URL for this page.